The impact of globalisation on Northern Ireland
Updated: Oct 19, 2020
What is Globalisation?
Globalisation is the movement of people, goods and ideas around the world.
How does globalisation affect Northern Ireland?
- Globalisation has affected Northern Ireland in that companies in Northern Ireland have a greater reliance on the global economy, if they want to survive and continue to be competitive.
- Globalisation has affected Northern Ireland as international trade has increased in Northern Ireland meaning that companies in Northern Ireland are doing business and have relationships with businesses in other countries throughout the world.
- Globalisation has affected Northern Ireland by many multinational companies setting up in Northern Ireland, for example like Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Nike and many others.
- Globalisation has affected Northern Ireland as companies in Northern Ireland are expected to export their goods and services to other countries like Brazil, France, Germany, America and many more.
- Globalisation has affected Northern Ireland as the Northern Ireland Government works to attract companies to set up and employ people in Northern Ireland.
- Globalisation has affected Northern Ireland as it is now referred to as a global village. This is because of its trade links and trade relationships with other companies across the globe.